Thursday, October 6, 2011

19 Months

I can't believe Koleman is closer to being 2 than 1! That would explain the terrible phase he has been going through, I think they call it the terrible twos! We are officially there! I have to document this so when K is reading this in 20 years he knows that he was a pain in my you know what and he can appreciate me! :)

He throws the BIGGEST fits! He whines almost constantly, and is super clingy! He has never been a mamas boy, but now I'm the only person he usually ever wants! If one thing goes wrong when he is trying to do something he will throw whatever it is he is playing with, throw himself on the ground, and kick and scream! We can't go out to eat anymore, because he throws things, climbs out of the high chair, and once again screams the entire time! It would help if he liked to eat then maybe the food would entertain him, but no he doesn't like to eat! He goes in these phases where he will eat everything in sight, then the next day he doesn't eat one thing! I can't go shopping with him anymore either. Once again he throws whatever I give him to keep him entertained and can you guess, SCREAMS!  He is still addicted to his binks. I've tried to take it away from him during the day and just give it to him at night but he cries for it ALL DAY! He  wakes up twice a night for a bottle and will not go back to sleep unless I give him one! I'm pretty sure we are going backwards on a few things!...

                Now on to the reasons why I haven't thrown Mr. K away...

He loves to sing! He made up this song (well I thought it was made up) it went something like SHARAAA SHARAA raa raa raa SHARAA SHARAA raa raa raa. He would and still does sing this song nonstop. He wakes up singing it and usually sings himself to sleep singing it! Well I had turned on that song "tonight, tonight" and he started singing along with it when the chorus came on and this is totally the song he was singing! haha His sharaa's sound closer to shanigh shanigh now and he also sings the la, la, la part at the beginning! This is super cute!

He is still OBSESSED with his trucks! First thing in the morning when we walk downstairs, he runs to them, sits down and starts playing!

He tells me he wants a "shnack" (snack) and will go to the pantry. So I open the door, and I must always say "hmm" because K man will say "ummmm" haha

He has an ARM on him. Which would explain why him throwing things is so horrible.. but he can now catch the ball sometimes when we throw it to him.

He will tell me he is "stuck, stuck" when I put him in his hair chair, carseat, or if we give him a big hug! When I turn off the car he says "stuck... ets Go" haha

He plugs his ears when he hears a really loud noise! We were at a football game the other night, and he had his hands over his ears the majority of the game!

He has gone out shooting with Trev a few times and now points out his hand and makes the gun noise (which I don't know how to type)

He is talking SO good! He literally learns new words everyday! Some new words he says are apple, banana, trev, what, watch, excuse me or beep beep (when he is trying to walk past you), O GEEZE, that's it, o toodles, pancake, cupcake, outside...

He will sing "i o i o i o" when we sing Old Mcdonald.

He knows what the color blue is. He watches a color video and repeats all the colors when the lady says them but still doesn't associate them with a color. He will say "back",  "hite",  "ellow",  "bue",  "puurple", "bown","geen", "ink", and then at the end of the video the lady says well done, so K says "ell one" haha

When I get him out of bed in the mornings we get in our bed and we cuddle! He gives me a big old kiss on my check almost every morning! He has this new thing with Kissing on the check and not on the lips anymore! haha

He is a super friendly little boy for the most part. He will get in little kids faces and tell them "hi" over and over. The only part he does like about going out in public is smiling at people telling them "hi" and "bye, bye", blowing them kisses and saying "love you"!

We all love you too little Koleman!







3 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

Oh he is so funny! Sounds like Tom looking in the pantry saying "hmmm"

The Durham's said...

Elsie throws those same fits! So I understand your pain!

Karalee Ann said...

Oh I remember the fits and the "can't go out to eat anymore" phase. I'm sure it's coming soon with my second one! It does pass though at about 2 1/2 to 3 years old probably then you'll have new phases to go through! It never stops but ya keep on loving them! They are here to give us a hard time but still love them unconditionally :)