I still cannot believe that Koleman is old enough to go to preschool! I knew early spring that Kman needed to start preschool in the fall, I could just tell that he was ready for some structured learning. He was getting super attached to me, and I to him, it was time! I struggled finding a school close to us, but I finally did!
Koleman is going to Shining Star Preschool in Santa Clara Heights.
His teacher is Miss Trudy!
He informed me today as I was wrestling him to get him dressed for school that he loves Miss Trudy but hates school!
Some fun things about my K-Man!
We were walking out of a restaurant that was in a shopping complex when Koleman told Trev.. "Should we go into that store and check it out and buy Shel some clothes" That's my boy!! :)
One night he woke up from a deep sleep (we hadn't moved him from the couch to his bed yet) and demanded some water. I gave him a full cup and he drank the whole entire thing without taking a breath sat it down and said that was good and went right back to sleep!
When we first started talking about school he informed me " I don't need to go to school I got work to do"
Convo while on a walk:
Kman: Shel let me tell you something funny
Me: ok what
Kman: Trevor hurt herself
Me: You mean he hurt himself?
Kman: No he hurt herself.. sister!
Me: O he did?
Kman: Yeah and it wasn't funny it was bad! Sister was sad and Trevor said O shit! (excuse the french)
(Trev had Kman and Kiptyn on a walk went over a bump and Kiptyn hit her mouth on the stroller. That was Kmans version of the story a few days later)
He has struggled going to nursery by himself. Since starting preschool he has done lots better but one sunday after a bad day at church my dad asked him "what'd you do in nursery today" His reply in a gruff tone "I didn't color, I didn't play with toys and I didn't have snacks"
The first week he did go by himself he came home and told us
"The teacher told me that they get baptized in the water and then the guys put their hands on their head like this (put hands on his head) and then to to to to ..TO get the Holy Ghost"
My favorite is picking Koleman up from preschool and listening to all of the fun things he has learned!
One day it was "I know how to cut! I put my thumb in the tiny hole and these two fingers in the big hole and go snip snip snip"
Another day it was "I learned the letter ba ba B (while holding up his 4 fingers)" Luckily his teacher was still outside so I asked what does this (holding up 4 fingers) have to do with the letter B? o ya know It's sign language duh!
Miss Trudy says that Koleman is quite the talkative little boy! I apologized but she said everything he says is usually pretty informative and goes along with what they are learning about! YAY! When they were looking at the globe he told her "I live in St.George" She said Yeah! St.George, Utah! "Nope just St.George I was at Utah just yesterday! haha
We love you SOOO much Koleman!
Thanks for being the perfect little boy for us!
5 comments:
I was in Utah yesterday! I love that kid!!
Love those convos! So funny! You'll be glad you wrote them down. Love you guys!
haha... i love this post. i'm still laughing about "oh shit." hilarious. kids say the darnedest things. i can't believe he's in preschool. he's getting sooo old. plus he's so handsome. :)
can't wait to see you on thursday night. you better come.
what a cutie!
Miss you guys! And I don't have to even say how much Charli misses Koleman! ;(
Post a Comment