Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kiptyn's Birth Day!

I have to tell a little Pre Labor story before the real one! At my 38 week app I was dialated to a 3 and my cervix was soft. My Dr stripped me, we set my induction date for the 11 and he sent me on my way to hopefully go into labor on my own before then! Well friday night I was in Enterprise and I started having strong consistant contractions, like 3 minutes apart. My sister in laws and mom started freaking out, and told me I had to go to the hospital! My dad got me in the car and we started cruising. He was SO funny the whole way he kept saying should I put my gloves on? we going to need to deliver this baby on the side of the road? This isn't my first rodeo, I've drove this road with a lady in labor before.. as he is driving 85 the whole way! haha My contractions were getting stronger and stronger I could barely talk through them! We got to the hospital, Trevor met us there, they hooked me up to the monitors and I was still a 3! I couldn't believe it! The nurse said the baby was way high so the contractions weren't dialating me so to go home and wait for the call on Sunday! Luckily the contractions stopped and we were able to have a fun day with Koleman on Saturday! I cried when my mom took him to Enterprise! Hardest thing ever! I'm so thankful for my mom though and all she did for us! She was on call and would do whatever we wanted her to, whenever! Love her!
Sunday morning came they told me to expect the call around 5:30, no call! So we went to Mc D's for some breakfast and Dr.Pepper came home and tried to relax! Finally they called around 9:00! I tested positive for group b so they had to start the antibiotic before they could do any pitocin, finally around 11 they started the pitocin!
The contractions became more consistant, but I needed to have my water broke to get the show on the road! My Dr. came in at 1 to break it! He was just getting out of church so he was dressed in his suit. I told him he really didn't need to dress up just to break my water, he laughed and said "I always try to look my best when I part the seas" haha and that's why I love him! He broke my water and I instantly lost about 10 pounds! Water kept coming and coming. At 3 Dr. Thompson came in to give me my epidural and water gushed on the floor the entire time. I was afraid it was getting on Trevors shoe, I knew he would freak so that was my main focus the entire time I was getting the epidural! I had SO MUCH FLUID! That will explain why I get huge but have normal size babies!
I was dialated to a 10 at 6:00! I called my mom and told her to head down with Koleman and we got ready to have the baby! ha funny joke! Everytime I would push her heart rate would drop big time! So they kept having me rest and decend in 1/2 hr increments then I would try pushing again... Her heart would drop so much they would only have me do one or two pushes then have me rest again! They needed her to work her way down on her own so I would have to do as little pushing as possible! At 8:00 they had me try pushing again and decided to have me rest one more time and if at 8:30 she hadn't dropped down they would have me rest for another 1/2 hr then they would have to use the forcepts and get her out!
Around 8:15 I told Trevor I really wanted a blessing! So he gave me one, after he was done I said this baby is coming out at 8:30, I don't care what I have to do! We joked because on our way to the hospital, I told him if Kiptyn had one ounce of dark hair or skin I wanted to have her middle name be Ty, after my brother Tyrel. I don't know why but I always had a feeling she would be dark, but couldn't figure out how it was going to happen with koleman being SO bald! anyway I told Trevor that when I was in 7th grade Tyrel came up behind me and shoved me in my locker, laughed his head off and said "i'm the only one that can do that to you, if anyone else does this you let me know" :) After the blessing Trev said Kiptyn is just saying goodbye to Uncle Tyrel he'll give her a nice shove tell her he's the only one that can push her around and send her down here! and that he did!
I finally started feeling ALOT of pressure at 8:30 so they called my Dr! Dr. Benham came in, felt her head said well she's face down that's why she's not coming, he turned her and said push! 3 pushes and she was here! Trevor was SO cute while I was pushing 1st push he said "Lashel your doing awesome, I see her head she has DARK HAIR" 2nd push "O my heck Lashel she has the cutest face, she is SOO cute" 3rd push she was out the cord was wrapped around her neck twice which explained her heart dropping! They put her on my chest and it was again love at first sight!





















 
We called my mom and told her to bring Koleman back while I was doing skin to skin! We could hear him running down the hall saying "o my gosh, o my gosh" He was in totaly shock when he walked in! I told him Koleman this is Kiptyn she came out! He said "that's not Kiptyn that's a baby" haha He warmed up quick though and told us he wanted to take her home with him and was SO excited about the spider man phones she got him!



 

 
Love my mom's face when she saw all of her hair!

 
The only pic of a family of 4 we got in the hospital! It's a good one though! :)

 
 













 
It was so nice to get up to our room and have just a few minutes with just the 3 of us! It was kinda crazy right after she was born, lots of family had come down waiting for her arrival so they all came in to see her for a couple minutes here and there! It was nice and quiet and we got to love on our sweet baby girl that was all ours! :)
 




 
I ordered me some food ASAP!! I was starving!



 
Getting ready to head home!
 



 
I called my dad and asked him to Please bring Koleman down that night! Trev and I both missed him so much and just wanted to be home with all of us! It was so great to have him home! He was so excited that baby sister had come home with us!





 
Koleman really is the best big bro!



 
And this is the next morning! Our first night home was awesome! We all slept so good! I seriously feel SO blessed to have 2 beautiful, healthy babies!!


9 comments:

Portia said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet birth story!! Made me tear up a bit to! She is perfect, what a cute family you have.

bliss' said...

I love all the pictures she is such a sweet little thing, and I can say I am sure Tyrel was pushing her out!I am so glad everything went well. Koleman is a great big brother!

Shanley said...

You got so many neat pictures. I cried through this whole post. These babies are truly a miracle.

Dixon and Jess said...

Yay! I love all of the pics! So glad that everything went so well. You are looking good, Shel! Painted nails and your wedding ring still on dannnng! :) Koleman does seem so excited and I'm sure he will be a great big bro. So happy for you guys!

Woods Family said...

what a cute family you have, and what a neat story. Koleman will be the best big brother! :) Love you guys!

ChrissyLee said...

that was a good story. she is sooo pretty. i love all of the pics.

we still need to come see you. when are you leaving for thanksgiving?

Ricci Harvey said...

Holy HAIR! It is so long! She is soooo cute! Sophie kept saying Shel's baby's crying, Shel's baby's sad, haha. Congratulations to you!

The brackens said...

WOw!!! I absolutly LOVE this!! I Teared up a bit looking at your pictures reading your story :)..Such a cute little girl.. and SO tiny!! You have a cute family! Congrads on teh adorable Kyp!

Karalee Ann said...

She is beautiful!!!Congratulations!!