Friday, May 6, 2011

14 Months!!

There it went, another month! Did you see it fly by?! Time needs to slow down just a tad!

Things to Remember about Koleman Kyle at 14 months..

*He has learned quite a few new words this month some of them are: "dinki" (binki), "dot dog" (hot dog for the hot dog song, and when we are in costco getting hot dogs!), "teeth" (when he points to his teeth), "owe" (whenever he gets hurt or thinks he is hurt), "brrr" (when he gets out of the bath), "bama" (grandma) He only says words when HE wants to though, you cannot tell him "say this" cuz he won't do it, it has to be his idea!
*Whenever I have the camera and say "say cheese" this is the smile I get as he is smiling and saying "eeeeese"
(He has quite the under bite! DANG IT! Braces will be in our future!)


*Can drink through a straw and thinks it's the coolest thing ever!
*He loves to hide things! The other day I heard him open one of the cupboards and say DINKI DINKI I thought to myself well I thought who knew what dinki meant but I guess not. I walked over to see what was in the cupboard and sure enough there was his precious Dinki!
Another story about hiding things! I gave him a piece of string cheese and next thing I know it's gone. I knew he hadn't eaten it that fast so I went and looked in the usual places for it, the trash, a few drawers, his truck, no where! Koleman is laughing at me the whole time I'm looking for it, so I said sorry no more cheese. He came and grabbed my hand, led me to the pantry, banged on the door, so I opened it and there sat his cheese on the shelf in the pantry! haha
*He is always grabbing my hand to take me where he wants me to go! I love it!
This is one of the times he had to come get me and take me outside to rescue his dinki! He came running in the house yelling Dinki and I came outside and found this! He was freaking when I was taking pics and not helping him!haha


*Loves string cheese, cheese sandwhiches, and strawberries! When he is hungry he says "eat, eat" it is pretty nice now that he is able to communicate a little bit.
*He says "ewww" whenever he poops and wants his diaper changed, and continues saying it as i'm changing him.
*"Pounds It" after he gives you a five! (Thanks Uncle John for teaching him this :)
*Loves to be outside and is constantly going to the door saying and waving bye bye and blowing kisses!


*Watches American Idol with me every week! He dances, sings and cheers the entire two hours! I love it when they get done singing and he stops dancing and claps and says "YAY, Yeah, YAY" over and over! haha
*Tears the house apart every single day!!! I can't put the stuff away fast enough before he has something else tore apart! Gotta love boys! :)
*He is getting pretty good at putting the pieces in the right places on his puzzles! He put the puppy and the pig in all by himself!



he also likes to see how many pieces he can fit in his hands and surrounding areas!

*I'm ready to give him a buzz for the summer, even though we do have a pretty good time doing his hair in the mornings!


*He is always in the funniest position waiting to be picked up out of his crib when he wakes up, he is pretty dramatic!! haha
*Gets his shoes for me when I tell him we are going bye bye
*Helps dad take the trash out every Monday night!!

*Blows on his food even if it's not hot!
*Constantly locks himself in the bathrooms, or rooms for that matter and then sticks his hand under the door and yells for help!

*Throws major temper tantrums, but makes up for it by giving the sweetest kisses!
*He can yell SOO loud, sometimes he does it when he's playing like pretending to scare you, other times when he is mad at you!
and we wonder where he learns it from



*Recently learned how to shoot a hoop! Although it's pretty impressive I'm hoping he doesn't want to play basketball when he is older! I'm leaning toward wrestling/football, but I suppose I'll support him in whatever he wants to do!! :)


We love you Kolemers!!! Keep being the happy, super smart, loving, little boy that you are!!

5 comments:

Kali said...

Didn't think he could possibly get any cuter, but then he did! Gosh I miss him! Cutest boy ever!

Anonymous said...

FOURTEEN MONTHS!!! holy, how hilarious about his binky...thats how presli was with hers I thought for sure she'd want that thing forever haha....

Ricci Harvey said...

Holy Cow! Sophie quit talking all together. I need to work with her more. Also I gotta give you props for taking so many snap shots, I'm so bad about that, I don't even think about taking pictures of all the things she does. Koleman is so dang cute!

The Durham's said...

He has the biggest personality!! He is growing up too fast!

Amanda and Tom said...

Koleman's got a pretty good life. I love it!