Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend...

Mother's Day means so much more to me now that I am a Mom. Not because I get presents and treated like a queen now (I mean that rocks too) but I appreciate my own mom SO much more now that I know, kinda, what she has gone through! It's crazy how much Mom's do! They are so selfless and do everything for every one else, at least mine does! :) I'm still working on this! It's so awesome that we have a day just to celebrate all the Mom's in our lives. I'm so grateful for all the women in my life! Love you all! :)

Saturday I got to be a "proud mama" of our Young Women! They performored in the youth spectacular! They put SO much time in to learn the dances and songs, they were champs through it all! The show was very, very good! I wish everyone I know could've seen it! The spirit was so strong and they really did touch the lives of so many that night!




Sister Ann Dibb from the YW General Presidency spoke to the youth before their second performance! She brought such a special spirit! She told the youth that she had just gotten off the phone with her father who happens to be President Monson and that he loved each one of them and is SO proud of them!




Sunday Morning I woke up and was on the internet looking for a mothers day video to show in class well I found one that was a tear jerker! As I was watching it Koleman came running in with an envelope full of pictures he had drawn me 2 movie tickets to the lucky one and an invitation to dinner at Made in Brazil. Needless to say I lost it! :) Crazy emotional lady lately! So I told Koleman to tell me what his picture was and he lifts up his shirt and shows me his stomach "it's ganga, mom" hahahaha




After church we went to Enterprise. My Dad made us all Steaks and Dutch oven potatoes! It was a fun little evening.

Love my MOMMY!! ( and my cute grandma next to her) :)
So glad she was willing to have 7 kids so I could be here!


I bet she's glad she had 7 too so she wasn't just stuck with these 2 little physchos! :)





I am so lucky I get to be the Mommy of this cute little boy!! He makes my day every single day! I admit we definately have our bad days, but I think the good ones out weigh the bad! :)
He knows just what to say to make me happy!

3 comments:

Dixon and Jess said...

Oh my gosh! i love the last pic.. you look gorgeous and Kman is a stud!! I wish we could hang out with you guys!!

Kali said...

What a great post! I, too love the last pic! :D Gorgeous sissy and cute little nephew!
Pic of Shad and Jacob is hilarious...made me feel like I didn't miss a thing! haha!

Amanda and Tom said...

I almost got teary looking at the pics koleman drew for you! So precious!