Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Christmas"ee" filled Weekend!

This weekend was all about Christmas! On Thursday night we went to the temple to look at the lights! We thought to each other Koleman will just love this! HA wrong again.. seems like we have been doing this a lot lately! (Thinking our child will like something only to find that he doesn't or he does like it just not in the way we want him to like it) Koleman thought he should ride the horsey so he crawled right underneath the rope and helped himself to a ride! :) O joy! We ended up only staying a brief moment at the temple!




Friday was our ward Christmas party! It was western theme so of course we had the attire! Koleman is the only one who dressed up for the occasion though, which really isn't dressing up for him since he wears his "western attire" almost every day!


Koleman LOVED Santa! He thought he was the coolest thing in the whole entire world! I was shocked! We had taken him to the dickens fest to see santa a couple weeks ago and he did not like the ole man! I think he thought he was a stuffed animal because when we were walking up to him, he was looking away and as soon as we got close Santa turned and looked at Koleman and said "hello little boy" and Kolmean FREAKED! haha He jumped, his eyes got HUGE then he froze! He cried the whole time he was on his lap! Of course I didn't get pics, wasn't gonna pay 20 bucks for that! So on Friday when Santa came in I took Koleman up just to see him not thinking he would want anything to do with him! Well he wouldn't leave Santa's side for long enough to go stand in line! So luckily we kind of have an in with Santa and he let Koleman but the line! Koleman walked right up to him with a huge smile, and hopped up on his lap! We said Koleman tell him what you want and he said "a Tracsher" :) I think he would've stayed on his lap for hours if he could've!
 I may or may not have ran into Santa on Sunday, yes all you kid readers Santa does attend church with me! :) anyways.. he told me "I know my kids, trust me I seen like 500 just last night and that little Koleman is the cutest little boy in the world!" He said he has never had a kid his age act like that with him before!




Saturday night we went out to Tuachan to Maci's Christmas show!! Love this show!! This year Maci was in even more of it and had her own little song that she did, I want to be Annie for Christmas! She did an AMAZING job! I may or may not have gotten a little emotional while she was singing, I was such a proud aunt!
It was so cute as soon as she got on stage and started talking Koleman knew right who she was and was SOO excited to see Maci! They do a Santa's workshop act at the very begginning. That is when Maci had her solo and Santa comes! Koleman was in Heaven! He loved seeing Maci and Santa! He was a little disappointed when scenes from the nutcracker were on next. Don't worry he vocalized his frustration when it was SILENT and said "aci, ANTA where are you?" It was SO cute! haha THEN at the very end of the show they sing "the prayer"  once again quiet all but the 2 people singing, like such a great moment, but don't worry, Koleman thought he needed to sing too and joined right on in with them singing "TONIGHT, TONIGHT la la la TONIGHT" at the TOP of his lungs! I was SO embarrased and kept trying to cover his mouth but that only made things worse and he got louder, and we were stuck in there with no way to get out but to climb over tons of people or over the seats in front of us! Luckily everyone was super friendly instead of scolding us they told us what a cute little boy we had! One lady told us she thought that Koleman was going to be the next soloist in the show! haha  I just love friendly people!

Before the show we walked around for a bit and some nice guy took our pic in front of this huge tree, I love it!



 




Dead tired after his huge performance and a fun filled weekend!! :)

3 comments:

Shanley said...

I love Koleman's new haircut, and he seems like he has the cutest personality. That is awesome Maci performed and had a solo! I cry every time I see people excel, especially my family, so don't feel bad! ha-ha

McKenzi and Matt Irvin said...

Random- My sister is in the second to last picture in this post- she is the one right smack in the middle! ha- funny! What a fun weekend for you guys! Your little man is too cute!

Kali said...

kman's haircut was SUCH a GREAT idea! SO cute and I still can't believe he liked Santa so much! One more sleep! Still so mad I miss Maci's performance by ONE night....ONE STINKING NIGHT!