Friday, September 23, 2011

Apples, apples, apples!!

My friend Amanda invited us to go pick apples with her! We jumped on the chance to get out of the house and do something fun!! We picked quite a few apples, then had some lunch at the little cafe in Springdale!

(The boys had a blast running around "picking" apples!)







The best part is what Amanda taught me to do with the apples a few days later!! She is amazing and makes these yummy caramel apples every year, I'm joining in on this tradition!! :) Aren't they SOO cute and healthy right?! They all have carmel on them, some are dipped in milk chocolate with white chocolate swirls, some are dipped in white chocolate with cinnamon and sugar, then some are dipped in milk chocolate with butterfinger, then the last pic are my favs, drizzled white chocolate with the cinnamon and sugar!
Here is a link to Amanda's blog she has all the info you need to make these goodies!
http://anwhorrocks.blogspot.com/

(i'm probably going to have my own cooking show soon, i'm just giving you guys a preview of what you will see:))


8 comments:

The Presutti's said...

This would be so much! I've always wanted to pick apples! Also, I'm coming over to enjoy some of those delicious looking apples! :)

Matt and Brittany said...

holy yumminess! i love the butterfinger ones and that's probably ALOT cheaper than paying $5 for one at rocky mountain choc factory! if you like cashews you should try dipping them in crushed up salted cashews! perfect mix of salty and sweet.

Amanda and Tom said...

Those look delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love carmel apples. I'm gona make some!

The brackens said...

Uh, Yum!!!! I am going to have to do that!! Were did you go apple picking?? I did some last year, but dried them with cinnamon sugar, and jello!!! I wanted to do some this year!! Looks fun!!!!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

yummy yummy. we love to pick apples. we are so excited to go to the apple festival in 2 weeks!!! love the fall and all of the festivities. you are one hot mama Lashel!!

Kali said...

YUM! and i can't wait for your cooking show!

Ricci Harvey said...

I love that picture of you! You could be your own little martha stewart!