Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas Tyrel!



My brother Tyrel passed away 4 years ago last may. Christmas hasn't been the same since he died. Every year we decorate his headstone. He was always the one that helped my mom and dad put up the outside lights, so my mom puts up solar lights, and we put the same decorations my mom uses on her tree, on the garland we wrap around the headstone. I also have the same wreath hanging on my door that is on his headstone!We also top my parents tree with his cowboy hat, and put the Christmas in Heaven ornament on it. I always miss him so much more this time of year, but I'm glad I know that he is spending Christmas with Jesus.

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below.
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear;
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring.
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
I cannot tell you of the splendor or the peace inside this place
Can you imagine Christmas with our Savior, face to face?

I will ask him to light your spirit as I tell him of your love.
So then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I Miss you Tyrel and Love you so much!!


8 comments:

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

That is so beautiful. We love you Tyrel. Merry Christmas.

Kali said...

AWESOME POST! Merry Christmas buddy!

Josh and Amber said...

That is so amazing how you guys decorate his headstone. He really must have been someone special. I didn't know him, but I want to say Merry Christmas Tyrel!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas tyrel. you're an amazing example :)

The Clay's said...

I remember one of the first years going out to turn the lights on with you. I love that you guys do that. Love you! Merry Christmas

Dallas, Jessica, and Drake said...

wow beautiful! You are such a wonderful sister!

Terry's said...

I love this post! Merry Christmas Tyrel!

The Terry's said...

Merry Christmas Tyrel!!!! It was fun decorating the Head Stone with your mom wasn't it. Oh the special simple things that help pass the time and ease the pain. Tyrel will always be a special part of our Christmas...