Monday, June 17, 2013

Tornado

When we first got to Tulsa we were in Tornado watch I was freaking out but it was no big deal to Kali. You only freak out when the sirens go off and your actually in tornado warning.
The next evening we were saying family prayer and our phones went off with some crazy beeping noise sending out a flash flood warning. Annoyed by how loud it was we turned our phones on silent, kali gave hers to Cedi and I sat mine on the counter. A few minutes later my phone started buzzing I went to see who was calling me and "tornado warning seek shelter immediately" was flashing on the screen. Just then Cedi says mom dad is calling you. Jonathan who was driving home from work said he was watching a tornado form that we better get in the closet. So Kali shoved us all in the closet and she went outside to watch! (Yep she is one of ..those:) ) I was able to pull the weather up on my phone and watch the tornado warning move over us and away from us. Turns out a tornado touched down about 4 miles from us!  Crazy! It hit a gas station and a few houses but didnt do to much damage!
So I can pretty much say I survived a tornado!
 Yes I'm from Utah! Yes its only a little dramatic!

It was pretty sweet watching the clouds move out and blue skies follow!

6 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

oh my gosh. that is so scary. i would totally be freaking out. you look pretty calm in those pics. well- at least you have a cool story now.

the zoo looked like it was fun too. :)

Kali said...

Hahaha what a night!!! U described it perfectly and not overly dramatic at all!! :)

Amanda and Tom said...

Dude! That is legit scary!

The Durham's said...

Tornados freak me out! We were visiting my Grandma in Nebraska once and had to spend the night in the basement! Glad you guys are ok!

Matt and Brittany said...

i've missed so much since being MIA from blog world! you moved! your hair is short and super cute! and a tornado!!! what the heck is happening!

Anonymous said...

Dude. Tornados are freaky. I usually don't get to scared unless it's a warning but then I'm about to pee my pants until the warnings gone. Glad it wasn't bad! Love you and those cute babes.