Monday, January 7, 2013

Kiptyn Ty's Blessing Day


 I have been looking forward to this day for about 2 yrs, when my mom first started crocheting her dress! I had just had Koleman when she started it and was bummed because I knew there would probably be a girl born before I had another baby, that would probably be a boy anyway! So I begged my mom to let the dress be mine and I would bless a boy in it if I had to! :) Turns out I had my baby girl and she was able to be blessed by her daddy in this amazing dress! 
Trevor gave Kiptyn the most beautiful blessing on Sunday! I fall in love with my husband a little more every time he gives a baby a blessing! I'm so grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder and such an AMAZING father and husband! We kinda like him around our house!
The spirit was so strong during the blessing! I love special moments like these! I bore my testimony and said that I knew the veil was very thin on this day and that Kiptyn had some special priesthood holders standing in her circle! Trevor's Grandpa Probst later told me that he looked down at Kiptyn during the blessing and she was just starring straight up and he had the thought, "if only we knew what she was seeing right now" 

My baby girl literally "pure and holy in her little white dress"....


(Grandpa Probst made the cute little charm on her bracelet!)

(My Mom made her shoes, and bow too!)

(I wore the corsage on her left hand the day I was blessed! It came with a little poem and you put it in your hair when you are baptized and your bouquet when you get married!) 




Her mom and dad are just a little obsessed...
(both of these pics were taken on accident just trying to get pics of us with her)






Thank you, thank you to everyone who came to the blessing! We are definitely blessed with the most amazing family and friends!! 


It's serious business when he is tending!..:)







Can't forget our big helper Koleman Kyle! 

I loved everything about this day! 

9 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

oh my stars that dress is beautiful!! your mom is so talented. blessing days are so special. i love them.

Portia said...

What a BEAUTIFUL dress!!!! One of my favorites ive ever seen! I to would have put a fight up for that.

Amanda and Tom said...

No i didn't tear up reading this!! Haha i love it. Love you guys. Amazing pictures!

Tere Shake said...

i am so in love with that dress! it is beautiful, and your mom did an amazing job!

jenn said...

I love this post!

bliss' said...

I love the picture of Grandpa Probst! His smile is awesome it was a great day and she was so beautiful all dressed in white!

Shanley said...

Oh my goodness! Your mom is amazing and you and Kiptyn are beautiful. What a special day for all of you.

Kali said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
So sad we Weren't there.
Love the four generation pic!

The Durham's said...

So pretty! You're so good at getting pics!