This morning I went to the Doctor and thought I was just going to be in and out. Well that changed when the nurse took my blood pressure and said "woah, you have high blood pressure". I reassured myself by saying "yeah it's always high the first time they take it, then they take it again and it's always lower". My Dr. came in and measured me and listened to the baby's heartbeat, which everything looks great in that dept., then he asked me what in the heck was up with my bp. I told him to take it again and it'd be fine. So they checked it again and it had gone down a little bit but not much. My Dr. came back in and checked my thyroid, which he said looked fine. He said he's not too worried about it because it's just borderline right now, but I have to go in weekly now, and take it easy. Which means, no more hair clients until the K man gets here, and I have to spend most of my time on the couch. I'm not on strict bed rest yet, we're hoping if I just take it easy that next week my bp will be fine and I won't have to be put on strict bed rest! I'm kinda sad about the whole deal because the whole pregnancy I've been so happy because everything always looks so good, so today I was expecting the exact same thing and I was pretty bummed when it wasn't. But it's all good! Things could be a lot worse! I'm just glad my baby is still strong and healthy!
Speaking of the K man being strong. Last week I was painting my fingernails, and had my arm that was painting resting on my stomach. Well I have a little trickster on my hands because every time I would go to paint he would kick and I'd screw up. So I would stop for a minute, and as soon as the brush would hit my nail he would kick. He did it the WHOLE time I was painting my nails! It was hilarious!
I'm so excited for him to get here, so he can sit in his swing while i'm painting my nails! haha That's not the only reason! I just can't wait until I get to hold him and kiss him!! Me and Trev can be completely entertained by watching my belly move all over and feel Koleman kick like crazy, so I can only imagine how captivated we will be when he gets here. Only 8 more weeks!! :)
O and these are the freaking cute letters my sister made us! I absolutely love them! They turned out great! They are just what I was looking for! Hopefully sooner than later they'll be hanging above the crib. I still have A LOT to get done in the nursery! Yet another reason I can't be on bed rest! :)
4 comments:
Oh man I am sorry you have to take it easy! I know the feeling of having so much to do. I started taking stuff out of Brinleys room this morning and moving them into our room and replacing those things with new stuff for her so she doesn't feel left out! I am so anxious to just get everything done now! I hope your bp goes down so you can get a few things done :)
I'm sure all will be good just take it slow, my sister-in-law was always on bed rest because she had premature babies and she never listened so she had one of them at 28 weeks. But anyway just do what they say and it will all be ok. I'm crossing my fingers that next week will all be good :)
Oh man that does suck!! But you are right, definitely avoid bed rest by doing what the doc says. I wish we lived closer so i could help you with stuff!! Can't wait to see you in feb. be sure to take it easy so you can come!! love you
ah man, hang in there girl! Make Trev wait on ya and spoil ya ;) on a not so serious note the whole finger nail thing cracked me up. ha ha I can just see it! ha, love ya!
Post a Comment