Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm a Big Boy now!!

We started our wonderful adventure of potty training last wednesday! :) I  tried to follow a certain method but learned about a half hr into it that you have to adapt your own method for your own child! The method told me to sit him on the potty every 15 min until he went. It was a joke koleman got so irritated that I finally had to give up on that and just ask him constantly if he needed to go!.. Let me just give you a play by play!
Day 1: The potty fairy came and left a potty chart a big bucket of candy and some big boy shorts! :) Koleman was quite excited to see everything! He was ready to just dig into the candy.. then the talk started! I told him he had to wear his big boy shorts and go pee in the potty because he didn't want to pee on mcqueen! He flipped out on me and kept saying "STOP IT MOM" haha He wanted nothing to do with it! Day 1 was all accidents! He did pee a teeny tiny bit out on the rocks a couple of times!
That night I thought about calling it quits and just putting his diaper back on him for now .. then Day 2 happened
Day 2: He told me he needed to go pee then ran out to the rocks and went pee! :) I was SO excited! He went pee on the rocks and in his little potty chair most of the day with a few accidents here and there!
Day 3: He continued telling me he needed to go potty and would go on his little potty  and rocks! We went up to Enterprise, he had one accident when we first got there. The first big potty he went pee in was Great Grandma Terry's while we were at her house visiting! He had 2 more little accidents that day because he couldn't get his pants down in time while he was outside playing!
Day 4: He continued telling me he needed to go pee and finally did a BIG pee in the big potty! (up until then he would just let out a little bit at a time and so we would be back and forth all day long) Then he told me he needed to poop! No he hadn't pooped since we started this journey :/ He sat on the potty and got a little bit out but he could not stand the smell and kept telling me he was going to throw up! haha He had an accident up at the ranch with his dad but was good in the peeing department!
Day 5: It was sunday and I couldn't decide if we should go to church. I kept trying and trying to get him to go pee before we left but he wouldn't.  We decided to go and try it out. We were in and out of sacrament meeting about 6 times, he did go pee one of those times, but we decided to just come home and try it out again next week! He had one pee accident that day.
Day 6: He had a scary experience in the poop department and begged and begged me to put his diaper back on. I didn't want to freak him out and ruin him so I decided to put it back on him and let him decide when he wanted it off. A couple hrs later he was still telling me when he needed to go pee and wanted to go on the big potty so we put the big boy shorts back on!
Day 7: No accidents all day!! :)
Day 8: We were gone most of the day and he did so good going potty while we were out eating! again no accidents! That night he needed to poop and kept running back and forth to the potty he finally went in the potty but he was still SO scared!
Day 9: Woke up and went poop in the potty twice (with lots of comfort from me) He went pee in two different public bathrooms and again NO accidents!! :)

It's now been 10 days! I still put a diaper on him at night but he wakes up dry and goes pee first thing, so I don't think we need that anymore! It was probably the most stressful week of my life (joke but kinda alot serious )but I'm so glad we started this now! He pretty much has it down, and should have it perfected in 2 months before baby sister gets here!! YAY!!  I'm so proud of my big boy!


 
Potty training at the Ranch...

 
Yes that is a mt dew in his hands! We let him drink whatever he wanted, we needed him to have some fluid running through that body!



 
This naked bum is a sight we see quite often now days! He likes to run around with his undies off for easy access to the potty! haha Don't know why he is sitting on the stool outside, that's why we love him he always keeps us guessing!


12 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

yay koleman!!! good for you. :)

seriously lashel- that is awesome! good job figuring it all out before baby sis comes. now you'll never get to experience two in diapers...or in my case, THREE!!! i'm so excited for you.

now, let's hang out. we miss you guys.

Amanda and Tom said...

Good job koleman and you lashel!! Thats awesome!

Kali said...

SO proud of him....and you! :D

Woods Family said...

yay!! Good job guys!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Way to go K Man!!! That is awesome! I am so NOT looking forward to potty training.

The brackens said...

WAHOO!! Good Job Kman!!! He is SO cute Lashel, and I just might have to steal your "Potty FAiry" IDea.. ITs Exciting!!! :)!!

Ricci Harvey said...

You're brave, I have so much anxiety about potty training Sophie, I don't think I could do that for a week straight, I would probably die.

Dixon and Jess said...

Ahh I am so jealous!! No more diapers :) I am nervous to potty train.

Tere Shake said...

yay for potty training. i love that he couldnt do the poop thing because of the smell! that is hiliarious.

The Durham's said...

Fun!! I bought Elsie a potty to try and get her at least interested, no luck! Did you try the potty training in one day thing? I read about that, it seems like that would be a looong day! haha Well I am very jealous! You'll only have 1 in diapers instead of 2!

Erica Locke said...

Good job Lashel! And Koleman too.

Matt and Brittany said...

awesome! i've been introducing hayden to the idea of potty training for a while but decided to go full force this week and it's so hard! i feel like a loser because he's not already potty trained but he is just not getting it! he will pretty much go any time i ask him but he has yet to me that he needs to go on his own! gah! what to do!